One of our priorities is to help as many York businesses as possible to secure grants to help fund investments in their respective businesses. Grants can sit alongside bank funding, family loans, your own cash or other forms of finance. The big difference being that grants are free. If you are planning on investing in any of the following then please get in touch with us on 01904 554400 or firstname.lastname@example.org Our help could save you thousands of pounds.
- New trading premises
- Refurb of premises (existing or new)
- Undertaking research with an institution such as a University for a variety of reasons, such as developing alternative uses for your product or improving your product
- Mentoring / growth strategy support
- Training & development of your staff
- New digital equipment that will help transform your business e.g. ecommerce functionality
- Improved broadband speed
- Improving the efficiency of the resources you use (gas, electric, water) when running your business
We provide free support and will gladly help you understand what funding is most appropriate for your business.
Here are a couple of examples of situations that we are working on now and where grant support could play a key role.
- Business moving to new freehold premises including a need to purchase new machinery. Total project cost on premises & machinery £1.5M. Potential grant support £300K subject to analysis of number and type of jobs being created. Bank loan and own cash to contribute the other £1.2M.
- IT business investing £10K in new hardware to support recruitment of additional staff and support them in offering new services. Potential grant support £5K – £9K subject to application.
- Manufacturing business planning on investment in new equipment that will reduce the amount of water used in the manufacturing process. Potential grant support 50% of equipment cost up to a maximum grant of £10K. Business to contribute the other 50%.
- Start up business with high growth aspirations needing to spend £5K on office furniture, IT equipment and website development costs. Potential grant £2.5K with remaining £2.5K to come from the business (or their bank, family, friends, other funders etc).
Please note that grants are not available to every business and in some cases, satisfying the eligibility criteria alone does not guarantee you will be successful. We are happy to discuss growth plans with any business in York and we will support you throughout the application process.