- This event has passed.
People Development Masterclass Taster – The Art of Honest Conversations
April 11, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm£30 – £40
- Need to have an honest conversation with someone, but you keep delaying or avoiding it?
- Tend to tip-toe around it or possibly bale out completely?
- Resort to humour but then find the person seems to have such a thick skin that they just don’t get the message at all?
Or have you ever tackled a difficult conversation which resulted in a disastrous outcome and a horrible atmosphere?
Ideal for business owners, leaders, HR professionals and managers this Masterclass will look at how to hold honest conversations:
- What is an honest conversation?
- Why it is so important to hold honest conversations?
- What gets in the way of honest conversations?
- How you can prepare for an honest conversation?
- How can you hold an effective honest conversation that results in the right outcome?
It’s safe to say that most of us dread these conversations! It is not surprising that one of the biggest trends that we have discovered over the past 20 years of working in Employee Engagement and Development is the anxiety and ineffectiveness of people to hold honest conversations. People, generally, do not like any situation that could lead to conflict. Yet, we know we have a responsibility to do it and that doing it helps to raise employee engagement and productivity.
With over 20 years’ experience Michelle Mook from Pro-Development (UK) Limited will share some practical tools, techniques and tips for holding open and honest conversations which will help build and develop good relationships with work colleagues and family and friends.
Pro-Development work with a wide variety of SMEs in Yorkshire supporting the engagement and development of their people and teams. This workshop will give you the opportunity to consider what you can do to create a culture that will help to make your business a great place to work, increase productivity and directly improve your bottom line.
The Masterclass will take place at Forest Farm Business Park with coffee and registration at 9.30am and run from 10am – 12 noon.